Monday, January 06, 2014

Loving times spent with loved ones.

This past Christmas Holiday was a really meaningful one, because I got to spend time with a lot of people that I care deeply about. :) Usually at this time of the year, I'll be overseas on holiday with my family. And though we didn't get to travel this year (first time having no year-end family holiday :( ), I guess being in the country during this time has its own benefits.

Gift Exchange in the Office!

One nice perk of working with a community of people is the (mandatory) sharing of gifts! It kinda reminded me of Secondary School Days, where we'd leave gifts for Friendship Day and so on on our friend's desks (when we still had permanent allocated seats then...) Except that we're like. Older. And working. Not schooling. Gah you get the point.
presents from colleagues! :D
Received a tonne of notebooks and journals this year, which totally fuels my notebook/stationery fetish. :D But I don't know how I'm going to finish all these... I have this thing where I can't bear to use up a book too fast so I SQUEEZE a lot of writing into a page. :/ I used to have this problem with sketchbooks where I squeeze a lot of drawings into a page so I wouldn't use the book up too fast, but I've somehow grown out of it after doing commissions and gift art. The notebook writing problem is still a problem though. 
my co-designer got me SnK stuff SQUEEEE.

BLB Outing

Got to meet up with Elise and Yan and catch up with their lives over Nana's Green Tea. It's a lovely place to chill out, and it wasn't too crowded despite it being Christmas Eve! We talked about Elise's Japan trip, work life, how everything was going... I realised I really love just spending time with my friends. We don't really need to be doing anything exciting, just the time spent with them makes me happy. x)
outing with the BLB girls where this is the only photo that emerged... (the rest are with Yan!)

Christmas Day Outing!

I rarely take OOTD shots but I really liked my new (cheap) randomly bought top hehe even though I was laughed at for being "too starry" by Haojun and Alden. =___=
We spent the day chilling at a cafe, talking, and catching up on what was going on in each other's lives (especially Haojun's, because I haven't seen him in forever lol).

When Grace arrived we ended up randomly going to visit The Little Black Jacket exhibition by Karl Lagerfield (Chanel Lead Designer) and got to try out this fun (free) arty activity hehe.
fun art activity that involved making our own decorated Christmas ornament!
stars and snowflakes just before The Little Black Jacket!
Gracie the Pharmacist~
more presents! :D
Ended the day off with Ichiban Boshi dinner with Grace, Pearlyn, Haojun and Alden which was full of laughs, (eyebrow) jokes, silly sharings, and just warm times spent with warm people. I don't know what I've done to deserve so many great friends and such great company over the festive season, especially because I know what it's like to spend it alone at home... So even though I didn't get to go overseas and don thick penguin jackets/scarves/mufflers, I'm still thankful, and I'm still happy. :) Christmas has always been a warm festival for me, and this year has not disappointed either.

As for an update...

Life has been really busy as of late, I still haven't finished everything I set out to achieve over the Christmas + New Year break. And it's....ALREADY THE 6TH DAY OF 2014 HELP. Although I'm struggling to manage the tonnes of things I want to do and manage, I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. I might whine a lot but I think this is the path that I wanna be on. The journey is far from over, and I'm savouring every moment of it.

What's coming up next - a PHOTOSHOOT OMG, Piecing #3 GAH, more rehearsals and chionging for the upcoming concerts! LET'S DO THIS.

No comments: