Thursday, September 26, 2013

I am an idealist.

I have this dream about living together with a couple of like-minded people, who would be working together with me for a living. Ideally, people who illustrate, animate, design, and dance.

We would spend hours decorating our room with all sorts of geeky things, from making Attack On Titan mobiles with the characters dangling from each node, to making customised door signs for each of us... The whole house would be fully customised according to our geeky desires. It would truly be OUR home.

We wouldn't have to worry about coming home late, and making our parents worry, or disappointing them when we tell them that we aren't having dinner with them that night. No, there would be no obligations, no disappointments, we could keep to whatever schedules we felt like without having to feel any guilt whatsoever.

We would work together on art collabs, art trades, co-choreography, concept videos, collaboration films, maybe even a comic book series or an otome game, all within the comfort of our own home. Or if we didn't feel like working at home, we'd head to a nice cafe or chill-out place somewhere else, and do our work there. People inspire one another, and creativity breeds creativity.

I think I have a lot of idealistic daydreams about life, (and when I say idealistic I also mean unrealistic in Singaporean context) and I enjoy thinking about idealistic scenarios and happy endings.

Does that make me a dreamer or just someone with her head in the clouds?

Or both?

Hmm.


No comments: