Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Dancetitude & A New Chapter in life!

Remember when I said I was afraid that nothing could bring the same joy, excitement, adrenaline and bonded-ness ever again?

I'm thankful that I was wrong. :)

Dancetitude 2013 was anything but a smooth journey for us. What started as a 40-strong cast slowly dipped and dwindled due to people having other recital commitments, rag, work, and so on. Soon we found ourselves left with only 22 dancers, including the 2 choreographers who were dancing in our item with us.

Even with a smaller cast, attendance was still less than perfect. Most people were late/absent due to their busy schedules, and morale was low. Some of us wondered if we were even going to be able to pull this off as a decent concert item, much less uphold the high standard that the previous Blast! Dancetitude items had.

But somehow, as the remaining 22 of us refused to give up on each other and were determined to make this work for all of us, morale miraculously and magically began to rise again. I think the turning point was when we began to make our costumes. We somehow managed to make every rehearsal count, and even got excited planning our characters and makeup and such. We joked around but still got the job done during clean-ups, and we were supportive of each other, making sure that no one was left behind.

The item was beginning to work. We made fun of each other, laughed and screamed during every rehearsal, goofed off, got dirty and smelly at aircon-less venues... and we had each other. A small, but happy, Halloween Party, Blast! family.

Bump-in days were so crazy fun, every moment spent eating (that took up like 75% of the time we spent together) together, singing (badly) at charades, being stupid (at charades again), shouting (not singing) the song onstage during runs, chilling, hanging out, talking about RIFE.... All these were so reminiscent of DU 2013. Where dancers actually mattered more than the dance itself, and where I found deeper meaning to the passion I hold so dear.

Doing what I love with the people I love.
I'm glad I found it again.

So here's a happy and thankful Pucca saying thank you to my fellow 21 crazees and weirdos for being there and sharing this wonderful journey with me.

***

In other news, I've gotten myself a new perm job! My first ever perm job! So exciting. Furthermore I get to do what I want to do -- design. Even though it's not my first choice of Game Design, I'm still thankful since I get to serve God at the same time as I work. The people are really nice and warm and genuine too!

I brought some sentimental things to customise my workspace today. Rather proud of it lol it's so comfortable, I could stay here and draw all day. (this strengthens my desire for my own iMac desktop at home :/ )

Life has been good and full of promises and happy moments and memories. I couldn't have asked for a better new chapter in my life. Thank you, Lord. :)

No comments: