Tuesday, November 27, 2012

i miss photoblogging.

I really do. :(

When you try to study but somehow nothing is going in and motivation is running low and everything around you (yes even the marble tiles and their seamless tessellation pattern) seems 1000x more interesting than what you're trying to study, what do you do?

Most try to stay disciplined and focused, psycho-ing themselves into thinking that this is all a "matter of the mind", and that they will eventually get back on track should they continue trying to force it in.

Unfortunately, I lack such discipline, focus, and sheer powers of self-psychoism.

So I usually do something unrelated and something that I really want to do, like draw comics, or making momentos about life, like how I do in PHOTOBLOGGING. :)

I recently acquired a really really NEAT new camera that I absolutely adore and bring like EVERYWHERE because the pouch is so cute and small and compact and AHH I JUST LOVE TAKING PHOTOS EVEN IF THEY'RE WHACK. So I've been on a huge video rampage and a mini photo rampage over the past weeks to document this last year of mine as a student, before I graduate from school for GOOD. *sadface*

I practised my self-shot abilities to the max when Melvin asked me for help for his project:
 YEAH I CAN'T BELIEVE I TOOK THESE MYSELF EITHER. :/

 lunchies with mummy and the grannies!

***

KOREAN BBQ
Korean BBQ with the hall dance buddies! It was somewhat rather spontaneous and stemmed from our random cravings for Korean BBQ! We decided to patronise the 2D1N outlet in Chinatown that we heard a lot of good stuff about (and which Elise highly recommended) and journyed there like happy (hungry) kids waiting to feed ourselves!

Everything was really really good! The japchae, the kimchi, pancakes, chicken, beef... I really enjoyed myself, though I wish I had the time to try the kimchi stew. We stayed till the staff had to chase us out HAHA as they were closing for the lunch period.
Wah can't wait for our Sakura buffet either. I realise I really can eat a lot if I eat slowly and pace myself.

 that time of the year again--MY FAVOURITE FESTIVAL--CHRISTMAS!!!

***

LUNCH with the fam at the Little Fish Shop!
We kinda wanted to celebrate:
1) the rare occasion of Shaun joining us for our Sunday lunches (REALLY RARE OCCURRENCE)
2) Shaun finishing his A Levels

It's been awhile since the 4 of us have gone out for a meal, so naturally I was happy. (even though this entailed a lot of laughter directed towards me for my clumsiness and unglamness and GAH WHY DO I HAVE SUCH ANNOYING MALES IN THE FAMILY) 

Nevertheless, everything we ordered was delicious :) yum yum yummy.

***

RANDOM K POP PERF
Random K Pop perf was really random. HAHA and somewhat in the middle of reading week? LOL. But since I had only 1 paper and I was keen to earn quick bucks as well as DANCE DANCE, I decided to sign up for it. There was quite a bit more work involved than I had imagined, but I had fun and learn a lot a long the way, as well as got to spend fun time with the girls!

The first challenge was learning the dance from this video:
which posed a few problems:
1) the music was freaking 4 COUNTS BEHIND THE DANCING
2) the avatars aren't mirrored, so we have to manually mirror them ourselves *anguished cry*
3) the avatars aren't human. thus they sometimes do humanly impossible steps *swings arm round 2 full circles in 1 count*

Still, I'm glad everything worked out in the end. And it was fun too! :D
Really loved Sali's initial outfit but ah well, the point of K Pop is to look like each other, so she had to compromise for us. lol.
 Krissy looks so pretty here =^_^=
We were split into 2 stages, one on the 2nd floor and one on the 3rd. We took the stage on the second floor which is this platform that proved to be a source of a lot of awkward moments between us and the audience. *smiles awkwardly at audience 5cm away*
and of course, with the mentality that we are slightly richer after the performance coupled with the fact that our performance was at Bugis, we went SHOPPING after both days. HURHUR.
 We also camped at the bugis plus toilets to do hair and makeup on the second day! (this beats macs anytime) Felt like a cosplayer on that day. ^_^
All in all, a really fun event with the girls. Looking forward to more possible random shows like these! :D Really love performing with the people I love.

***

Doing what you love with the people that you love, that in itself is a blessing that we must all be thankful for.

No comments: