Monday, September 24, 2012

22.

"It's not every day you turn 22."

But it didn't really feel like a special day in particular, the day I turned 22. It was in the midst of SUAD rehearsals, and to be honest, I was pretty sure everyone forgot/wouldn't have time to celebrate for me. So I didn't expect anything. 

Boy, was I proven wrong. :)

The day before The Day, Mum took me out for lunch :) We got off to a rough start, because I overslept after crashing from a long day of rehearsals, and she HATES waiting. :/ We got off to a somewhat rough end as well when I dropped my transponder in her car and she had to drive back to pass it to me. 
(sometimes I think I was put on this earth to test my mother to her limits :x)

Nevertheless, we had a lovely lunch and spent some quality time together :)

At Blast! Class that same day, sweet Sabbie surprised me with a cake after class! :D Pat was really nice and sweet to prevent people from leaving before the birthday song too lol. Thank you, my Blast! family :) And EXTRA thanks and love to Sabbie for remembering and for always being a sweetie to me. I love talking to you and hanging out with you, and I really appreciate your insights into everything, how you're such a smart person and mature friend. :) It's always lovely to have you around.
I seem to have a knack for ruining cakes. :/

RANXM and Yanxin also gave me a shock in my room (which was really messy and had underwear hanging EVERYWHERE) with a cake and a pretty bag as a present!!! :D I heard they panicked when Yanxin asked them how they were gonna celebrate my birthday LOL. They are such sweeties, especially Yanxin who remembered... ^_^ I'm so thankful to them for taking the time to come down and surprise me slightly past midnight and get me a cake and how they are always there for me and how they always make laugh GAHHH. YOU GUYS. *sniff*

And I had a lovely birthday dinner with Jiayi on The Day itself :) The lovely girl treated me to all my favourite Ameen food! I love spending quality time with her and just talking about life and everything. She's an amazing person, and she always cares for me, and can relate on so many levels with me omg Jiayi thank you for all the support and love and care always. ^_^

And finally, my third cake :P (although I didn't actually get to eat any of this one haha) from dear Zhiwen! My choreographer and fellow ex co-captain! :) Thank you for the amazing item and for the concern and support always, and for being such a sweetie and making my birthday card and buying me a cake. =^_^= Totally didn't see it coming! hehe.

***

thank you everyone for making that day such a special day for me! :) So thankful to everyone for all the wishes and food and MOST OF ALL, for the LOVE and TIME SPENT with me. :)

I have come to realise that that's the most precious gift I could ever receive on my birthday. :)

Thank you dear Lord, for all the love and for the blessed people you put in my life. 
You are the reason we live. :)

❤ ❤ ❤

No comments: