Wednesday, September 12, 2012

R! Recital Reflections.

Well it's been awhile since R! recital, and I meant to write a reflective post just after the Recital was over when everything is still fresh in my mind and the feelings still burn strong. But schoolwork and SUAD rehearsals and a thousand other things that i can refer to as excuses got in the way, and here I am, several weeks later, about to reminisce an experience that I really feel blessed to have been a part of.

Being in an external recital is really different from being in Blast! concerts. I wouldn't say which is a "better" experience, because I believe both have perks of their own. This recital has been especially gruelling because rehearsals for it were amid SUAD pracs, and our rehearsals always started at 10.30PM! @__@ naturally this meant that by the time we were done, it would be around 1-2AM, and we would have to take the dreaded Night Riders home. By the time I got home, it was usually past 3. It was....exhausting.
Nevertheless, no matter how tiring (and how last-minute it got toward the end) pracs were, I can safely say that I don't regret ever taking it up. :) I've learnt so much from Amsyar and fellow dancers along the way. I believe there's always something to be learnt, no matter what situation or opportunity you're in. :) 
what's more, I made new friends who share a common passion for dance, and got to know others I already knew from a different kind of viewpoint. :) It's really been eye-opening for me.
Not to mention, I really felt love from the supporters, who came all the way down to support me even though I was only dancing in ONE item. I'm so thankful for these friends, and to the God that let me meet them and gain a close relationship with each of them. This kind of love is irreplaceable.
 

***

In other matters, I ended up randomly doing a show at the Indoor Stadium for a community event! LOL. Here are some adorable and energetic old folks demonstrating Taichi to trance music!
In between breaks, I decided to make productive use of my time and sew my costume for Zhiwen's item! =___=
and here's my costume haul in one day! whoohoo!

***

Yummy food enjoyed over the weeks! :) I'm really a blessed person to be able to enjoy such good food with good company.
duck rice eaten late at home after a tiring day of pracs. I'm going to miss living in Serangoon...

***
These weeks have been physically and emotionally and spiritually trying, but things are looking to turn out good. :) When times are tough, we have to BE THE LEAF. Go with the flow, but know what you want. fight for what you want to do, but love the people around you so that you don't hurt them too much in your struggle for happiness. I always believe that the good Lord wants us to love our neighbours as much as He loves us. (and that's A LOT A LOT A LOT OF LOVE!!!)
and I end with a nice picture of Alex-san.
BE THE LEAF.

No comments: